Hi my name is Anna

edited November 2019 in Welcome & Orientation

I just wanted to chat with anyone who has been on or is on Olaparib  (Lynparza ). I have just started a week ago and have been so fatigued/occassional nausea  i can't get out of bed. Anyone else have the same problem?  I've seen some posts from Helen thought we could have a chat

Comments

• Hi Anna,  It is Helen here and I hope I can help you with some of your issues.  I have been on Olaparib for 16 months now.  At first I did have nausea, however that settled down after about a month.  I was told to have the tablets an hour after breakfast and tea and don't eat for two hours after I had the tablets, maybe that routine may help your nausea.  I do get a bit tired and I am fortunate that I am now retired from the paid workforce and can have a nap if I need to during the day.  If I sit down after lunch I will often fall asleep or fall asleep in front of the telly at night.  Though, I hardly ever felt that I couldn't get out of bed in the morning.  I would talk to your doctor about that issue.  I know when you are tired, it is hard to motivate yourself to do further exercise, however I am a great believer in the benefit of going for a walk each day to slowly build up your fitness level and you do get energized after you have walked.  If you are a busy person, are you able to offload some of your commitments to give yourself some time to adjust to the effects of the tablets?  I'm not sure that I have helped much, however persist with the tablets, as they are a lot less invasive than chemo and I found the side effects definitely had less of an impact after a while.  Take care and let me know how you progress.  Helen

• Hello Anna and Helen – I have ovarian serous surface papillary carcinoma – 12 x 7 cm tumor removed in feburary with total hysterectomy, omentum, 19 lymph nodes. no cancer in nodes. doc said something about chemo pills. we are off chemo for july – ct scan clear. ca125 rising but according to this not to worry https://www.youtube.com/watch?<wbr />v=2Cxz8Ij5lVs i asked him what he would do and he said wait.  but the pills may be in my future.  today i went bicycle riding, did 3 planks to a count of 180, yoga stretches and am lying down now after lunch.  it feels so good to have found this group.  i could talk to ya all every day b/c only we understand this journey.  i am visiting the chinese medicine store this afternoon to see if i can afford these till next doc appointment.  http://www.chinaeducenter.com/en/cedu/tcm_treatment_cancer.php  write!  sandra  ps my hair and nails are growing like crazy –