Waiting for diagnosis

Hi. My name is Claire. I feel a bit of a fraud posting as I have yet to have a definitive diagnosis. My gynaecologist discovered a mass four days ago and two were confirmed on ultrasound. One looks like a normal cyst but the other looks odd. I have had CA125  test which came back normal but the HE4 isn't back yet. My gynaecologist has said I will need the mass biopsies and I see her next Wednesday. I am freaking out a bit as I went through breast cancer eight years ago. I have just turned 57. The irrational part of my brain is going crazy! Would appreciate tips on questions to ask my doctor next Wednesday. Thanks so much and sorry if I have upset anyone by posting when you are all diagnosed already .

Comments

• Hi Claire,

Welcome to the forum!

Firstly, please don't feel like a fraud for coming here to ask questions and seek advice.  There's nothing wrong with being forearmed, especially under these circumstances!

I think that the first question I would ask is, how will the biopsies be done and how long will it take to get the results back?  Until you know what you are dealing with, it's difficult to offer any more meaningful advice.  I'm sorry that I don't have much more than that to offer at this stage.  Every persons experience is unique, so hopefully someone with an experience similar to yours, will offer some more insight.

Let us know how go with your appointments.  Will be thinking of you.

Karen