Medicinal Cannabis Oil

Has any one used medicinal cannabis for pain relief or appetite stimulation. It is legal to use in NSW providing the correct process of approval is followed. Am interested to know of other's experiences and of any medical practitioners in Sydney who have knowledge of its use. My sister is suffering a lot of pain and discomfort due to a large tumor in her pelvis and bowel.

Comments

• Hi Janine,

Thank you for your comment above; I am one of the support coordinators at Ovarian Cancer Australia and a moderator of this online forum. It is so important that women have strong family support during cancer treatment so it's great that you're seeking more information on your sister's behalf.

There may be other women who have an experience with using medicinal cannabis oil for symptom relief who I hope will respond; in the mean time it may be helpful to read the Cancer Council's statement and information on cannabis and cancer (which you can find below) and possibly also seek advice from you sister's current oncologist.

http://wiki.cancer.org.au/policy/Position_statement_-_Medical_use_of_cannabis

I hope this is helpful Janine, please don't hesitate to contact our team with further queries or to discuss.

Hayley, Support Coordinator, OCA

1300 660 334

support@ovariancancer.net.au