Lyn

Hi Everyone,

My name is Lyn and I was diagnosed in Feb this year I guess we mostly have the same story with symptoms. I did go to my Urogynecologist for urine urgency I had had an earlier mesh repair done and had good results, but two years later just didn't feel right.  She checked everything out and said it was all good.  I wonder now if I should ring her so maybe she could do some other tests. I have completed surgery and chemo.  I thought surgery was bad, but chemo was worse.  Just getting my hair back and I love it, I didn't feel right with a wig and scarves were hard to tie.  I did go a little bogan and wore a lovely merino and possum beanie my sister bought for me in NZ. I am in Lorn NSW if anyone wants to call in for coffee.  Cheers :yn

Comments

• Hi Lyn,

Excellent news that everything is going well.  Do you have follow up appointments every 3 months?  I have emulate appointments with my doctor and every 6 months or so I have either a CT or PET scan.  They usually have a care plan in place for you.  If it feels like you haven’t had a tests or appointment for a while enjoy it!  It’s a bit of a novelty going somewhere without going near a hospital.

Nikki

• Hi Nikki,

Yes, I have appointments every three months.  I feel so lucky after reading other posts, I am feeling well and getting fit again.  I am starting volunteer work at the blood bank next week and can't wait.

I am still at the stage where anything no matter how small worries me, but am trying to wait for a week to see if symptoms go away, and guess what they always have.

Hope you and everyone else is feeling well today, and don't forget my offer of coffee if anyone lives around Lorn or Maitland area.  I make a mean coffee and dabble in cakes not always successful but usually OK.

Cheers Lyn

• Hi Everyone, I was diagnosed with Ovarian Cancer stage 3 last year, I had surgery and chemo, and in Feburary this year  there was no trace of the cancer, I was over the moon, but just this last week, I have found out that my cancer has returned, I had a couple of bad nights of despair, but my Professor says he thinks there is a trial he can get me on, even then 50% of people will get a placebo (randomly), but I pray that I can get on this trials, and get the new treatment, we shall see.

Cheers, Ros

• Hi everyone

It feels good to know that we can be there for each other at a difficult time in our lives and find comfort in each other.

Hi Lyn

I am actually  in Maitland area as well so I may take up your offer one day although I start treatment tomorrow so I may need some rest depending on how everything goes.

Cheers

Anne

• Hi Everyone,

My name is Lyn and I was diagnosed in Feb this year I guess we mostly have the same story with symptoms. I did go to my Urogynecologist for urine urgency I had had an earlier mesh repair done and had good results, but two years later just didn’t feel right. She checked everything out and said it was all good. I wonder now if I should ring her so maybe she could do some other tests. I have completed surgery and chemo.  http://brisbane-property-management.com.au/ I thought surgery was bad, but chemo was worse. Just getting my hair back and I love it, I didn’t feel right with a wig and scarves were hard to tie. I did go a little bogan and wore a lovely merino and possum beanie my sister bought for me in NZ. I am in Lorn NSW if anyone wants to call in for coffee. Cheers :yn”

Hi there! How are you feeling after this time?

• Hi Everyone,

My name is Lyn and I was diagnosed in Feb this year I guess we mostly have the same story with symptoms. I did go to my Urogynecologist for urine urgency I had had an earlier mesh repair done and had good results, but two years later just didn’t feel right.  She checked everything out and said it was all good.  I wonder now if I should ring her so maybe she could do some other tests. I have completed surgery and chemo.  http://brisbane-property-management.com.au/ I thought surgery was bad, but chemo was worse.  Just getting my hair back and I love it, I didn’t feel right with a wig and scarves were hard to tie.  I did go a little bogan and wore a lovely merino and possum beanie my sister bought for me in NZ. I am in Lorn NSW if anyone wants to call in for coffee.  Cheers :yn"

Hi there! How are you feeling after this time?