Hi I'm Annette

Start of November 2017 I was diagnosed with Stage 3C low grade serous ovarian cancer. I'm 38, live in a regional area, have a wonderful husband and two young beautiful boys.  The last 5 weeks have been a whirlwind of blood test, CT scans, ultrasounds, pre surgery and chemo.  This week has been very emotional as my hair has started to fall out. Still in disbelief at my diagnosis as most of the time I feel fine.

Comments

• Hi Annette,

‘You sound a lot like me!  You will feel like you have very little control over your life and when the side effects from the last treatment wear off you will be left wondering what just happened.  I’m 37 and I’ve been doing this since I was 30. When I had my 2nd recurrence I was feeling very sorry for myself and shut out everyone and everything. What changed my outlook was watching my parents play with my son who was 2 at the time (he is now 7) and I realised I was missing out.  Don’t let it change how you live your life especially at this time of year.  The only positive thing to come out of cancer is that it make you realise what is really valuable and important in your life and that is family.

Keep us up to date with what’s happening and any questions you have or if you feel the need to vent remember that we are here for you.

Nikki

• Thanks Nikki :)

• Hi Annette. I'm 45 have 4 gorgeous children 25, 21, 17 and 11 and a grandbubby on the way. I was diagnosed 19 December 2017 so I know exactly what you are going through with the scans and the whirlwind, very overwhelming!

• It's an emotional rollercoaster that's for sure and yes very overwhelming. I hope you managed to enjoy Christmas with your family after your diagnosis so close to Christmas. My diagnosis came totally out of the blue....I am due to have surgery in Brisbane next Wednesday. Best wishes for your treatment.

• Mine was unexpected as well, took myself to hospital with herendous pain had a ct scan and there it was 15cm tumour. Christmas sort of was pretty shitty. My surgery won't be until end of April I'm at the University Hospital in the Gold Coast.

Goid luck with your surgery.

• My tumour is about the same size.  Yeah I remember I cried a lot the first two weeks, it's very difficult when you have kids aswell.

• edited February 14

how are you doing now, fighting It will be okay, right

• Welcome annete im zen

pakar seo | jasa seo

• edited September 25

Hello annete, i'm jacky

Jakartabet | http://67.227.234.109