Hope?

edited November 2019 in Welcome & Orientation

Hci> My name is Karen. I have Clear Cell ovaian cancer Stag11/A.  I am trying to find some success stories and not having a lot o luck. I desperately need to know that there is hope. I also had a stroke two weeks after stating chemo and am finding life overwhelming at the momment.

Comments

• Hi Karen,

My name is also Karen, welcome to the forum.

I was diagnosed with Clear cell carcinoma (stage 1c) in Sept 2014 and am still here to tell the story. (It must be a "Karen" thing.) I'm sorry that you are having such a hard time.. and having suffered a stroke at the same time as dealing with chemo would have been such a shock!

I live in country Victoria and when I was diagnosed, found that there was no local support, so I created a group and we now have about 15 members.  Through this process I have met women who were diagnosed recently and some more than 14 years ago and they are still going strong.  I also met a beautiful 84 year old who was diagnosed more than 50 years ago!!  Her stories of the treatment she endured are toe curling and made me thankful for the advances, all though not great, that have been made.  I guess what I am trying to say is that it is important to keep in mind that no two diagnoses are the same.  Also, the stats you find on the internet are not necessarily a true indication of reality.

You will find lots of people on the forum who've had similar experiences to you and the support team at OCA are just wonderful.  You are not alone in this and please believe me, there is always HOPE.

Take care of yourself and please let me know if you have any questions.

Kindest Regards,

Karen

• Karen there is always hope. x