5 years cancer free today

edited November 2019 in Welcome & Orientation

Hi all

I am five years cancer free today!

I am so grateful to my medical team and the support of OCA. Here's to the next five.

Best wishes

Rachel

leeparMichelle1811

Comments

• Congratulations  Rachel :) that's a wonderful mile stone, I remember when I was told the same. Go out and party we opened a bottle of champagne, it feels surreal. Keep up having your bloods  done which I do and enjoy life, wishing you the very best for the next 5 years.

Chris

• Wonderful News! I am fed up with my doctor, I am a stage 3c in my diagnosed mid 2016, and I only have a small amount of cancer showing on the scans at the moment, the problem is my doctor says there are no trials that I could go on, and she has never put me on one or pursued them, and now the cancer is growing again, she said 'you have three more types of chemo left and you are no longer platinum sensitive, and after three more chemos most people are ready to go'. I refused to accept this negative misdiagnosis for my life when I know there is a better course. So I now have appointment for a second opinion and I will never go back to my original doctor.

• Hi there is trials at peter mac.i am waiting hopefully to go on one.the waiting is horrible but you push them as there is options out there.i am on a fasting diet of water only.i am going to try it for 1 week. The aim is not to feed the cancer.yoyr body goes into ketosis and cancer d ooesnt survive on that.i have had 6 chemos and major surgery.i am not giving up.we will try anything ladies as we need to beat this bastard that attacks our body.

• hope you can let your hair down onece more time

• Congratulations Rachel!

I was 5 years cancer free in September 2019 and it is the best feeling in the world.!

🤩

• Wow that's great! It must've been very hard time for you during your treatment. Can you share your inspiring story that how did you cope with all the pain? When did find about your cancer and where did you went for diagnosis? What type of cancer was that and where did you got treated?

I wish you a long life with lo of happiness and without any disease.

Best Wishes!

• Hello Lyana271,

Thank you for your comments on the forum.

The forum is Australian so the information provided may not be relevant to you. You may find it beneficial to seek support through here: https://cancercareindia.net/

Warmest wishes,

Fiona

• Gin??? Champagne???? Chocolate??? Flowers????

What the heck! ALL OF THE ABOVE PLEASE! ;) Congratulations.

chrishayward
  • What a great outcome. Take care cheering for you xx