Help needed finding an empathic gyne oncologist

edited December 2019 in Welcome & Orientation

Hi there,

Can anyone recommend an empathic gyne oncologist who is proactive and holistic in their treatment approach, and up to date with relevant trials?

Many thanks

Tara16

Comments

• Hi Tara,

The best advice I can offer you is to talk to your GP. Depending on where you live as which Dr's are available. If you were in QLD I would have recommended Dr Lou Perrin. He is and Oncology Gynecologist. I have been a patient of his for many years. He practices out of the Royal Woman's Hospital in Brisbane and also has rooms at the Mater Hospital in Brisbane. Hope this has been helpful. Have a lovely day and I hope you find a Dr that you like.

• Thanks so much for your advice and I realise I left my area off the email. I am in Victoria unfortunately. We are working with my GP to find a good one but so far no luck. Will keep trying.

• Hi Tara16,

OCA are unable to recommend specific gynae-oncologists but I have attached a link to gynae-oncologists who practice in each state of Australia:

https://www.asgo.net.au/is-there-a-gynaecologist-oncologist-near-you/

You may find it helpful to print it off and take to your doctor. Other women on this forum may be able to share what they have found helpful in choosing a doctor as well.

Please don’t hesitate to call our support line on 1300 660 334 if you require any further assistance.

Warm regards,

Fiona

ktee
  • Hi Tara16, I was diagnosed in October this year and I was so fortunate to be reffered to Dr Julie Lamont who works at EPWORTH FREEMASONS in Melbourne.If you look up their website she’s on there.Shes kind,calm,thorough,excellent surgeon and keen to listen and help on this new journey.Wishing you all the best. Lee.