Hello!!

Hi, my name is debby, I was dx on Sept 2020 with stage 3C High Grade serous OC. After optimal debulking I hade six cycles of Carboplatin/Taxol and since march I am on maintenance terapy with Olaparib. I am BRCA2 + and I really hope I will out of this nightmare. I am 45 and I have four children the youngher is 7 years old.

chrishayward

Comments

• Hello Debby and welcome to OCA Online forum. I am so sorry to hear about your diagnosis of ovarian cancer. We are all hear to support you through your journey.

Please feel free to reach out to the Helpline on 1300 660 334 Monday to Friday business hours for further support and information.

chrishayward
  • Hello Debby so sorry to hear about your diagnosis. We have lots of resources and information at Ovarian Cancer Australia. I hope you have found our Resilience Kit and heard about our Teal Support Program. We also have support groups for women and their partners. Please reach out to the Helpline on 1300 660 334 Monday to Friday business hours for further support and information. We are hear to support you as much as we can.

Kind regards Katherine OCA Support Team

• Hi Debby,

I have just read your post. Please don't loose hope. I too was diagnosed with stage 3C OC on 11/3/1996. After being told I had 2 1/2 years and I wouldn't see 5 I was 34. That was 25 1/2 years ago. So chin up smile on the face and get ready for battle. Be strong in your mind. (easier said than done sometimes) It is good to hear they have you on a maintenance program. Very positive. You have joined a good group of people who are very supportive. Contact NDIS and see if you are entitled to anything cleaners, assistance with getting to appointments, once you are approved you are will be allocated funding for certain items and things to help you maintain a normal life style. Anyway you may be entitled to some assistance. As one of the online councilors you are welcome to reach out to me anytime. Over the 25+ years I have faced many challenges but I have never given up hope. At times against the odds I fought and somehow managed to still be here. Have a wonderful day lots of love and happiness big smiles and hugs.

Michelle xx🙂